Saturday 2 May 2015

What I'm reading in May



I must admit, one of my favourite times is towards the end of the month when I get to choose which books I plan on reading. I know that I probably won't read all of them, but it's so satisfying to form a book list. I can't function if I don't have a list!
 
Last month was another crazy one for me, so I only managed to read two books; Tampa by Alissa Nutting and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. Now things have settled down again, I'm looking forward to devouring more books. 

What I'm reading: 

My Mad Fat Teenage Diary by Rae Earl 

Rae is a boy-crazed 17 year old trying to find her place in the world. After a short stint in a psychiatric ward, she is ready to start college, lose her virginity and tackle her body issues. I fell in love with the TV series when it first aired in 2013, and was delighted when I found out that the show was based on the published diary of the real-life Rae. I can't wait to start reading this!


A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian by Marina Lawycka
 
I haven't read any Marina Lewycka books before but I'm always excited to read work from funny female authors. This story is about two sisters who put their problems aside to save their engineer father from a gold-digging wife. My favourite type of narrative is about families and complex relationships, so this sounds right up my street.


Snow in Hell by Sophie Sparham

This is one I planned to read last month, but didn't get the chance to. Snow in Hell is Sophie's debut novel filled with necromancers, vampires and angels. I actually went to university with Sophie and can vouch for her stunning imagination. This will be the first book I've read that has been written by someone that I actually know!


World War Z by Max Brooks

I've wanted to read this book since the film version was release. A dear friend of mine read it a while ago and has been pestering me to do the same ever since. It reads as if a journalist has interviewed many different people to provide documentation for future generations, which I think is a great concept. I've not read many zombie books, so this will be a first for me.
 
 
What will you be reading this month?

 
| follow me | tweet me | email me |

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, wow, it's cool that you actually know/knew an author! Snow in Hell sounds pretty awesome too... I need to add it to my rapidly-growing to-read list!
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it would be great if you read it too. I can't wait to start it :) x

      Delete

Got something to say? Leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...