Saturday 13 September 2014

How are you celebrating #RoaldDahlDay?


Oompa-Loompas' are throwing themselves out of planes, a family of thieving foxes are being celebrated and gooey chocolate cakes are being eaten across the country, it can only mean one thing - it's Roald Dahl Day! 

The genius himself is being celebrated in so many different ways as people around the world share their childhood memories. I've started off the day by reading this great post by Penguin Books UK - it outlines 17 ways to celebrate Roald Dahl Day. If you only do one thing on the list, I'd advise the Roald Dahl character quiz - I got James from James and the Giant Peach!

As for the rest of the day, I'm going to be traveling into Birmingham city centre to explore what activities will be going on in bookstores and the library. I've been wanting to get myself a collection of his books for quite so time, so today might just be the day! 

For me Roald Dahl Day is about celebrating the messages behind his famous stories: let your imagination run free, be curious, embrace who you are and most importantly - treat people will kindness because as the man himself once said: "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face sunbeams and you will always look lovely."

And chocolate cake. Today is also about eating a lot of chocolate cake.


| follow me | tweet me | email me |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...