Monday 5 May 2014

Out of my comfort zone: Kidd Pivot The Tempest Replica

Try something a little out of your comfort zone today. You might just enjoy it.

On Friday night I went out with my mom to the Birmingham Hippodrome. There's currently an International Dance Festival in Birmingham at the moment with lots of different plays and performances happening across the city. 

I've never had much of an interest in dance before, my theatre experience is limited to musicals and plays. So what better time to try something new than at a dance festival?!

I decided to see Kidd Pivot The Tempest Replica as the performance is based on Shakespeare's The Tempest. It seemed ideal seen as I'm going to be reading Shakespeare this month

I must admit, I was a little apprehensive beforehand as I didn't know what to expect. However, I thoroughly enjoy myself. The dancers were spectacular. Some of the dancers wore full angular masks making them look like puppets. 

There was no dialogue, however there was a large projection screen where text, images and videos were played. It was a truly breathtaking performance. I'd definitely watch another Kidd Pivot performance in the future as it was unlike anything I'd ever seen before. 

So, the moral of the story is: try something different!  




Let me know if you've stepped out of your comfort zone this week. I'd love to hear about it. 

| follow me | tweet me | email me |

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow this looks so intriguing! I'm a big theatre-lover, especially when it comes to Musicals, Shakespeare and popular shows! But I do like to go and watch something different every now and again and I've always thought Dance was a beautiful art form! I'm glad you enjoyed the show :) I look forward to reading some Shakespeare posts on your blog!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...