Friday 2 May 2014

May Book Challenge: Macbeth by William Shakespeare

Another month, another book challenge! And I'm truly challenging myself this month, as not only will I be continuing with my 2014 calendar book challenge, but I'll be blogging every day in May...

Quite a mean feat, but I am ready to put myself to the test! 

If you're new to my blog firstly, hello! Secondly, every month I set myself a challenge to read a book from the writer displayed on my Waterstone's literary quotes calendar

This month I'll be visiting old Billy Shakespeare again!

Macbeth by William Shakespeare
I brought this version of Macbeth a while ago in a secondhand shop. It was only 50p and although very well worn, I love the look of it. The creases and the rips on the cover give it character. It looks like it's been read quite a lot of times and that makes me happy. 

This will be the second time I'll be facing off against Shakespeare this year as I read Much a Do About Nothing in March. That particular play was a lighthearted comedy which is why I thought it would be good to to try something a bit darker this time. 

I've read it once before in school and am really looking forward to revisiting it.

What are you planning on reading this month? 

| follow me | tweet me | email me |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...